iPad 2 now for sale in Thailand from 15,900 Baht

May 6, 2011
By

Today sees the official release of the iPad 2 in Thailand. It is being sold in Apple authorized stores around Bangkok and also online (see here).  If you buy online, it will be shipped to you within 1-2 weeks.

Here are the official prices:

iPad 2 WiFi: 16GB 15,900 Baht, 32GB 18,900 Baht and 64GB 21,900 Baht
iPad 2 WiFi + 3G: 16GB 19,900, 32GB 22,900 and 64GB 25,900

The Smart Covers are priced at Polyurethane 1,590 Baht and Leather 2,790 Baht.

The Apple Digital AV Adaptor, which allows mirroring onto a big screen, is 1,290 Baht

The Apple iPad 2 Dock is 890 Baht

14 Responses to iPad 2 now for sale in Thailand from 15,900 Baht

1. ipad2less
    May 7, 2011 at 8:22 am

“Sold out in minutes” according to Nation and confirmed by checking Paradise Mall and Seacon Square Friday afternoon. One place said ‘more tomorrow’, but the other two, including Power Buy said, “No idea when we’ll have more, but not tomorrow for sure.” Any word on Thailand’s supply?

2. William B
    May 9, 2011 at 4:13 pm

well as Richard Barrow and others stated 6 May was the day it arrived. It is however not sold out. You may however have to look at some of the smaller vendors to find the exact model you want. OF course then if not available it may be another month to find it. I am still not certain if I will buy one, as I am a Samsung fan. I am not a fan of having to buy all of the add ons needed, but alas the same holds true for the Samsung too. Got to have a protective case, protective film and some connecting cords if you want to do more with it. Then the IPAD needs software to simplify moving music and movies to your player. I found some of that software and it is not cheap at $65.00 USD. I will how ever not purchase till 1 Jul anyway as I have other obligations now, as my wife and buying gold for us to save. Good luck all and hope you have fun, life is so short.

3. John D'oh
    May 26, 2011 at 11:18 am

All the Apple vendors in Bangkok are still sold out as of today (including the smaller vendors). You can be placed on a waiting list, but that is no guarantee since there already is quite a queue and the staff has no idea when new iPad 2s will arrive and how many. I’ve entered my name on the waiting list for the iPad 3.

4. Hakukodo
    May 27, 2011 at 11:12 am

Do you have number of iPad thailand user ?

5. marika
    June 1, 2011 at 9:53 pm

but you can get it in the mbk center in bkk…..many of the ipad 2, for up to 2000 thb more. sold out in apple best sellers….because of mbk….. now you kow why sold out at apple….

6. marshalyn
    July 17, 2011 at 12:15 am

I have ordered on line ipad 2 black but it was over 3 weeks since, there is no development, no news and i don’t know if it is true that i can order on line

7. steve
    July 19, 2011 at 1:01 am

i buy ipad 2 64GB from MBK center 4th floor, that shop name is Australia gsm world AA38, I’m really happy of their customer service, they give me free apps, wow I’m really happy with my ipad 2, apple is the best :)

8. phet
    July 26, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I need iPad2 3G+wifi 64GB, will it be available in MBK on 30-31 July?

9. Richard Barrow
    July 26, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Yes, should be.

10. Daniel
    August 18, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Does anyone know the current price for a IPad2 16GB 3G+Wifi at MBK!?

11. erbil
    October 19, 2011 at 7:19 pm

iphone 4 16 gb white haw much price

12. Rick
    January 22, 2012 at 10:09 pm

If I get an iPad 3G in Thailand, is it unlocked? Can I take it back to the US and get an AT&T sim card for it?

13. Rick
    January 23, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Also, the screen cracked on my iPad 2 which I brought from the U.S. Is there any way to fix it here in Thailand? I am in Pattaya.

14. rich
    February 20, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Tukcom Center pattaya

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

On this blog I will be sharing with you tips and methods of using an iPhone and iPad in Thailand. I am not pretending to be an expert, but I hope that from my personal experience of using an iPhone for my work and pleasure you might gain some knowledge. As well as reviewing apps that I use, I will also post about accessories and also the latest news from around the world.

- Richard Barrow