iStudio (Thailand)

January 6, 2011
By

For fans of Apple products and the iStudio this app for the iPhone will be invaluable. As well as telling you the locations of the nearest stores to where you are, there is also information about latest promotions at these stores. One of the tabs tells you about upcoming workshops and you can even reserve a place for the workshop within the app. Information is mainly in Thai but there is also some English as well. I will probably keep this one on my iPhone though without push notification for new promotions I am not sure how useful it will be. I cannot see myself checking it that often.

Download iStuido (Thailand) for free at iTunes >>>

UPDATE: Although this was only released last night, it seems to have already been withdrawn from iTunes. I don’t know the reason.

UPDATE: On 7th March the app has returned to iTunes after fixing a “few bugs”. Here is the new link.

11 Responses to iStudio (Thailand)

1. Dave
    January 6, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Is there a link for the app? Didn’t see it when searching for istudio in the app store.

2. Graham K. Rogers
    January 6, 2011 at 8:30 pm

You have a link or an alternative name for that, Richard? A search (several actually) of the App store was unsuccessful for me.

3. Richard Barrow
    January 6, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Sorry about that, I don’t know why I forgot the link on this one. However, even though this was only just released last night, it has already been withdrawn from iTunes stores. I have no idea why as yet but will let you know if it comes back. In the meantime, this was the link.

4. Luke
    January 6, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Probably because they act like they are the official retail channel in thailand. Its better to buy stuff from the apple store online. For instance go to iStudio and get the ram in your mac upgraded. They will charge you apple ram prices but install cheap Kingston Value ram. The same stuff you can buy in fortune for 1/2 the price. Go buy an apple TV and you will probably get the old model. List goes on.

5. Graham K. Rogers
    January 6, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I will follow your Tweets Richard and try this again when/if it appears. Thanks.

6. Richard Barrow
    January 6, 2011 at 9:56 pm

A comment on Twitter just now about this app:

RT @travelfish: Am pretty sure you’re not allowed to use logos & images of Apple devices in the apps – that could be why it was pulled.

7. Murn
    January 6, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Too sad :) I’m late

8. Richard Barrow
    March 7, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Today they have put back the iStore (Thailand) app in the iTunes shop.

9. Leosia
    March 7, 2011 at 7:40 pm

iStudio comes a close 2nd to True Move in Thailand for low level of customer service, although iStudio also install illegal software and generally screw around with the customer by announcing fake product launches – with nothing to sell. That should be reason enough for pulling their app, but more likely it broke app store rules!

10. Phimnatcha
    April 2, 2011 at 9:48 am

I want this how should I do ??

11. Richard Barrow
    April 2, 2011 at 11:03 am

Phimnatcha, two comments above yours you will see my link to download for free from the iTunes store.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

On this blog I will be sharing with you tips and methods of using an iPhone and iPad in Thailand. I am not pretending to be an expert, but I hope that from my personal experience of using an iPhone for my work and pleasure you might gain some knowledge. As well as reviewing apps that I use, I will also post about accessories and also the latest news from around the world.

- Richard Barrow