This is a weekly look at popular apps for the iPhone as suggested by people living and working in Thailand. This week we hear from @Tulip_Oum, a news anchor on TAN Network, the only English language 24 hours news channel in Thailand. She has two blogs: Tulip on the Run and Tulip Broadcasting.
1. Twitterific for Twitter … Keeping me update on news. I pick twitterific for twitter. It’s different color coded for Mention, DM and reply. The App still have some hiccup now and then…but it’s my favorite App for twitter on iPhoe anyway.
2) Facebook …Keep me stay connect and update with friends and family. Facebook for me is a personal space. Twitter is like my store front, but Facebook is my home. So, i’m keeping friend list pretty tight. But gotto have it on iPhone, to upload photos, stay updated, post some Articles I found on web or through twitter on my FB page.
3) WhatsApp …I got number of friends that’s BB person. WhatsApp is chat app for my BB friends. Tried Palringo before, nobody use it. Tried Yahoo messenger, conversation get lost on during push and log-in. So, WhatsApp is the way to go.
4) PS Express ..Photoshop for iPhone, simple and enough tool to modify photos; crop, rotate, exposure, hue, etc.
5) Hipstamatic ..a little guilty pleasure for antique looking photos. I just like to have it set on random. You can choose different kind of lens(John S, Kaimal Mark II, Jimmy, etc) combine with various choice of negative(Ina’s 1969, Kodot Verichrome, Blanko,etc) , it’ll just give distorted color photos that I love.
6) Dictionary ..translation is something I do regularly and i rely a lot on Dictionary.com for spell check, and correct definition. Dictionary Apps is just necessary.
7) WeDict Pro …I use Thai for English on this Apps. But always double check on Dictionary to make sure. WeDictPro just help with specific rank, title and Government unit.
8) FARK … not for the Breaking news, but for all weird or strange news from every possible newspaper on line, there is. Good source to have.
9) Enjoy Daily Sudoku …Free different daily. I’m just addicted to this game. I can finish a whole book in couple days instead of reading a pocket book on holiday or stay up all night just to finish another one and another one and another one. So, Sudoku just have to be on my iPhone, help me kill time on the road. You know Bangkok traffic.
10) Jumbline lite …another word game similar to Word Challenge on Facebook but just consume battery extensively. And it doesn’t show battery life while playing this game. But again, a good one to help me kill time on traffic.
Every weekend we are featuring the favourite Top 10 iPhone Apps for Internet personalities living in Thailand. Please contact us if you wish to have your list featured on our blog.